Speech 1 - TM AZRA spoke about “ A life-remembering lesson”.
She explained about her first job in a Private Organization in the Finance Department which she joined at the age of 18. She remembers the new and hostile environment in office. Despite her light job, she was insatiable moreso because she was told to remain silent and watch the show going on. But she said such attitude is “not me”. She did not like to remain silent. Finally, she made a prophetic revelation about 2 rules in life namely :
• Rule 1 – Never Give UP
• Rule 2 – Never forget rule 1
GE commented that as Toastmasters, we have life- remembering lessons but at home as spouse, we have lessons-remembering life !
Speech 2 - TM Jyeshta spoke about her “Trip to India”. She explained about :
1. The various dances of India namely Kathak & Bharatanatyam – But given that she was beautifully dressed in Indian attire, the audience was expecting her to give a demo of these dances – it appears that the stage & audience was too small for her!
2. The various places she visited including Manali, Kashmir, Kerala, Mumbai and Delhi….
3. She also visited Taj Mahal, the epitome of Love and she averred that the walls of Taj Mahal has got gems and diamonds encrusted therein…..hopefully she is the only Mauritian to know that, otherwise, the walls would by now be on the streets , not Wall Street, the epitome of Finance Lovers!
GE commented that as fortunately she visited India and not China else here Speech Title could have been “Trip to Souillac”. 😊
Speech 3 - TM Ravin honored our meeting with his Bollywood Style Special appearance. I used to see him in Conferences and on TV……and with his grey/black beard and his British accent, I thought a young version of Amitabh Bachchan came to Plateau.
His speech title was “Closing Speech” but all what he did was to open our appetite for knowledge, and he opened our mind by speaking about learning outcome in whatever we do in life. He said that:
• Leadership is not only to influence but to be influenced as well.
• Leadership is not only teaching but learning as well.
• When we do our SWOT analysis, we need to focus on our strength.
He also explained how he helped TM Soommayyah during last National Conference by asking her to “BE YOU” on the eve of the conference, where after TM Soommayyah became the Queen of Evaluation for the whole Republic of Mauritius.
TM Ravin also referred to DTM Faizal who snatched his speech script just before he( Ravin) had to go on stage for his speech delivery , where he became runner up ( I don’t remember 1st or 2nd ).
TM Ravin, a “cent pure sang Mauricien” whose name is very similar to Navin, Pravind or Arvin, is destined to be our next PM even if he did not ask to VOTE for him while TME did asked the audience to vote. Btw, yesternight he changed constituency from No 18(QBornes) to No 8 (Reduit) where he got elected Best Speaker!
Speech 4 - DTM Faizal came as a Senior Lecturer giving an educational session on “ When you are TME”. His lecture was very captivating for those who knows only “ When you are NOT TME” ; many members have never been TME in their life, surprisingly, including TM Soomayyah too!
This is very disappointing DTM Faizal; you should still have “L'autorité et responsabilité parentale” on your children whatever be their age!
DTM Faizal talked about technical qualities of TME and added that on D-Day ( or N-Night) , the TME needs to have proper Mindset, EI level, Resilience, good Mood and Confidence level even if all these depend on each TME. He also referred to one international toastmaster who chose to be in RED dress to increase her confidence level…….may be she got if for Valentine Day/Night!
At the end of the education session, TME smilingly complained that this session should have been held before her own TMEship!
For me, it is like getting examination tips at the end of an examination…… but fortunately the candidate successfully came out with more than 5-credits and distinctions !